Thursday, February 5, 2009

Choco-loco


I have always found ranking incredibly difficult, especially with respect to those things that I love. Sweets are no exception. The only solution I have arrived at thus far is to be as specific as possible.

With this in mind, my favorite chocolate candies (subject to change on any given day):

American "gourmet"

Based out of Chicago, this company creates some of the most delicious chocolate assortments: Pixies (caramel, pecans, chocolate) and Trinidads (pastel coconut-covered chocolate creams), among others. I have fond memories of eating them as a child on visits to the suburbs of the city where my mother grew up.

American "non-gourmet"

  • Reese's Peanut Butter Cups
  • Butterfinger
  • Mounds
Non-American "non-gourmet"
Roses: What can I say? Creamy chocolately goodness and variety. My Irish grandmother introduced these to me, and I have been hooked ever since. I loved (and still love) pouring out all of the individually wrapped chocolates and sorting them into piles, to ensure that I am left with one of each to enjoy by the box's end. Thankfully I live in an Irish neighborhood, so I only have to walk up the block to purchase that wonderful blue box. I do have one bone to pick, however. It seems as if the Cadbury folks no longer include my two favorite types: the Chunky Truffle and Praline Moment. By default, then, the Brazillian Darkness is now at the top of my list. I am curious to try the deluxe version of my beloved Roses!

No comments:

Post a Comment